Monday, April 29, 2013

What's all the fuss?

What are my kitties checking out?

Something sure has their attention.
 
 
Wait, what is that among my Liriope?
Is it a cake on my doorstep?
It's a mockup of my pom pom American flag.
 
I had hoped to participate in a blog hop celebrating pom poms.  Things happen and that did not come to fruition.  I had planned to make an American flag before, I think, any of us had an idea of the terror to occur in Boston.  Then, I kept hearing on our local news of the anniversary of the bombing of the Murrow Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995.  Living in the Tulsa area, only 2 short hours from OKC, I remember going to visit the site shortly after the bombing.  I have been to the incredible memorial and attended a damaged (and now repaired) church across the street from the site, while I was working in the City.  Then the local news continued with the tragedies to strike our area.  April 24, 2008 a tornado struck Catoosa (basically east Tulsa), killing 7 people.  We are fast approaching the first anniversary of the devasting tornado in Joplin, MO which is only about a 4 hour drive.  The blog hop has very creative ladies from around the globe.  I am absolutely amazed at their creativity, accomplishments, and dedication to their crafts.  So, the fuss is all about resiliency and those who selflessly help each other on a day to day basis.
 

 
 

2 comments:

Linda C said...

This would have been an lovely inclusion in the blog hop, Suze. Do you have it stitched down? I know I saw some instructions for using a canvas or burlap backing. I was tempted to try it actually---still might as those pom poms are so smoooshy.

Elaine said...

What a cute idea, with pompoms!! I love a flag pattern and red white and blue!