Monday, April 29, 2013

Tessie

I was surfing, admiring Pinterest !  I found a pattern that I like - Tessie Quilt Pattern
Tessie .  I just ordered it online today.  My LQS cannot order it for me.  Yes, I try to support them so they will be here for me.
When I found the picture, I found a blog post.  I left a message for the owner as to the name of the pattern.  She was very kind to tell me the name of the pattern; she had taken a class; and a link to where I could purchase the pattern.  I've had a couple of communications with her and learned that she is using many polka dots in her quilt.  So, late last week I sent her a care package of a few BRIGHT polkda dots.
Here's some eye candy.

The post-it note on the pink lets my new friend know that I made a tote bag for one of my daughter's new SIL's when she got married.  This SIL was a hairdresser at the time.  Then at 45 she suffered more than one stroke and was near death.  The doctors thought she might be able to return to work, but that has not been possible.  The big yellow dot has a note also.  It was backing for a quilt that I made for one of my grandboys.

 
The fabric on the keft was used this past week to make a mini tote for my 3 year old great niece.

The pink/purple fabrics were purchased in Paducah.  My friend Kathi and I decided at the eleventh hour to go to Paducah year before last.  We literally decided and called and got a hotel about 60 miles away in TN and we jumped in the car for a day trip to the hotel.  Yep, there are some white polka dots in the aqua fabric.  I started a quilt and soon found that polka dots and solids weren't doing it for me.  I needed to spice up my choice of polka dot fabrics - not just dots.

I adore the red/off white fabric.  The red has a scallop design, making it dainty.  The white with red and navy was used for the lining of the mini tote.  That stuff on the right is the towel the fabrics were lying on and my concrete porch.  Hopefully, my pics will improve.

These are a couple three of a favorite Christmas fabrics.  That's another collection in my stash.  A friend dropped a hint that she wanted a king Christmas quilt.  I started collecting fabric and working on small blocks with the intent of each block having a different print with the same solid in each block.  I may not make that goal.  Shortly after she dropped the hint, she said she had an 89 year old friend of hers make her a Christmas quilt.  So, I stopped on the quilt and not the collecting.  It may be finished some day and on my queen bed.
 
And now for the finish.  The yellow is a delicate yellow (yellow is scarce in the stash).  There is a small blue dot.  On the right is another Christmas print.  These are just some of the polka dots that I considered BRIGHT and I hope my new friend is blessed and can help someone else.  I have found that sometimes it is as economical to buy 1 yard as other amounts.  So, I am glad that I have a new friend and hopefully my pattern will arrive in time for me to get some blocks cut for hand piecing before I visit grandboys.
I imagine many of these fabrics might find a place in my quilt, too.


No comments: