Thursday, March 12, 2015

Young man's 4th BD

3/12 is the birthday of my youngest grandson.  At the encouragement of my new friend Mary, I made the young man a drawstring bag so he can take some entertainment with him when he goes to his older brother's ballgames and practices.

Here is the drawstring bag:

 
It's a tad difficult to see that the lining is the peapod color of the green cars in the focus fabric.
 
Here is the little guy with his new bag, already trying it to see how it just might work.
 
 
 
 
Thanks to Mary for her encouragement.  As with the wonderful gifted bag I received from Mary, I used twill tape for the drawstrings and it works wonderfully.

12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is a great idea and I am sure he will appreciate it while waiting through those events.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a wonderful project, he'll love it!

Cheryl said...

Very cute (and useful) bag!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great gift for your grandson, such cute fabric, and so lovely to see him using it.

Cheryl said...

What a cute bag! I have made a couple drawstring bags, they make great gifts and hold so much.

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

What a cute bag and what a wonderful idea! I need to think beyond quilts.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I have a four year old grandson and love this idea for all his cars. Thanks for the inspiration.

Danice G said...

The bag is adorable. Great gift for the little guy.

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

following you now

Melissa Corry said...

Hi Suze and Congrats!!!

Sorry to have to contact you in a comment, but when I tried to send you an email it said it was undelivered. Anyhow, You won the Adorable Solids Bundle from Fat Quarter Shop as part of Terrific Tuesday Giveaway Day at my blog Happy Quilting!!!! Please reply with your mailing address to my email at happyquiltingmelissa@gmail.com so I can get your bundle sent right out!!!

Happy Quilting!!!!

Snowcatcher said...

I love the idea of a bag for treasures for traveling, and he does look thrilled with the idea! Congrats on your FQ win, too!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty bag, the little one seems to love it!